joxner joxner is offline
Junior Member

Default Adding in names across 8 document templates

I assist in drafting Estate Documents for people and families that want an estate plan, but do not have much to leave. We typically draft about 8 documents from Word templates for each person.

At present, we send out an estate planning questionnaire to our clients. Once we receive their responses, we then copy and paste their responses (manually) into each of the document templates we have, send them to clients for review, make changes based on their comments, then once everything is good to go, we schedule the clients to come into the office and sign the documents.

On the day of signing, it is my job to insert who will be the witnesses and notary for the signing ceremony. Not all documents require the witnesses to sign, not all documents require the notary to sign, and some documents require both.

The staff that I insert into the documents as witnesses and notaries change depending on who is available that day to serve as a witness or notary. So when I learn what witnesses and notary we will have available, I have to go into each of the 8 documents and add in the names and addresses of the witnesses and notary. This usually takes me over an hour to copy and paste them all in to each of the documents, despite my best efforts.

I am wondering if there is a way to automate the adding in of the names across all 8 documents.

I am also trying to use Microsoft Forms to automate the building of the word documents from client responses. The problem is, when the templates are created, I do not know who will serve as the witnesses or notary, so I cannot insert that information until the day of signing.
I have decent computer knowledge (no coding knowledge), so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

My questions:
- Is it possible to automate the adding in of witness names and notary names across 8 documents?
- Should I be using Microsoft Power Automate to accomplish this?
- I was thinking of having the clients fill out a Microsoft Forms questionnaire, have the data exported to excel, then have excel export to my Microsoft Word templates. Then I can also have in Excel a place for my witness and notary names to export from there into the word templates.

Thank you so incredibly much!!!!