Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cool Blue Cool Blue is offline

Default how do i get drop caps to work if it's greyed out

can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Select the letter to drop?

On Oct 7, 3:57*pm, Cool Blue Cool
wrote:
can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cool Blue[_2_] Cool Blue[_2_] is offline

"Reitanos" wrote:

Select the letter to drop?

On Oct 7, 3:57 pm, Cool Blue Cool
wrote:
can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

done that

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Is the letter the first letter of a new paragraph?

Terry

"Cool Blue" wrote in message

"Reitanos" wrote:

Select the letter to drop?

On Oct 7, 3:57 pm, Cool Blue Cool
wrote:
can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out
in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

done that

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bobt bobt is offline

One last posibility. Check what view mode you are in. If you are in the
Outline mode, then Drop Cap is ALWAYS disabled. To change the View mode,
choose NORMAL from the VIEW menu.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Is the letter the first letter of a new paragraph?

Terry

"Cool Blue" wrote in message

"Reitanos" wrote:

Select the letter to drop?

On Oct 7, 3:57 pm, Cool Blue Cool
wrote:
can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out
in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

done that

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Sorry about the duplicate response

It should be available when you click anywhere in a paragraph, unless
that paragraph is in a table or a text box.

On Oct 7, 4:57*pm, Reitanos wrote:
Select the letter to drop?

On Oct 7, 3:57*pm, Cool Blue Cool
wrote:

can someone explain how i get drop caps to work if they are greyed out in my
word program 2003?
Thanks and cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jgt jgt is offline

Default Cannot work with Word 2007 docx

On one of my other PCs (WinXP Pro, Office 2007) I created a word document
(docx - compatibility mode). When I open the document (docx - compatibility
mode) on my Vista Ultimate system (Office 2007) I cannot select any of the
text with my cursor. If I go back to the WinXP system all seems to function
normally. On my Vista system I also noticed that I cannot click in the
vertical scroll bar area. I also noticed that I can use the arrow keys to
move around in the document. When I open a PowerPoint or Excel file I don't
have this cursor issue. When I close Word I'm informed that it has stopped
working.

I just attempted to create a new test document on the Vista system and I see
the same issues as with the other document. Therefore I don't think it has
anything to do with the document.

I was going to attempt a repair, as you can do in 2003, but I could not find
the darn option. OK now I found it, MS has renamed the darn function and put
it in a different place (thank you MS for making word so much better, ops do
I sound bitter, sorry). When I open the options window I cannot use the
mouse or arrow keys to select Resources or anything in the Nav pane but I
can use the mouse in the right-half of the window.

I'm in the process of moving to the Vista system and I'm not sure just when
the word issue appeared but originally all was OK.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sounds like a corrupted Word DataKey. Run Regedit, navigate down to DATA and
delete it. When Word is restarted, it will automatically recreate the keys.

Word DataKey

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\versio n number\Word\Data

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jgt" wrote in message
[...]

Why no drop caps in text box? Is there an "easy" work around? TSeroogy Microsoft Word Help 4 August 7th 23 07:59 PM
Drop caps Rich Microsoft Word Help 6 September 26th 07 12:28 AM
Aligning Drop Caps within a paragraph Emma Microsoft Word Help 4 May 1st 07 06:49 PM
drop caps isn't working Florentine Page Layout 1 November 12th 05 02:14 AM
Drop caps David Formatting Long Documents 1 February 28th 05 04:28 PM