Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lea P-H Lea P-H is offline

Default How do I fix problems printing in colour from Word 2007?

I use a network printer and was able to print from Word 2007 in colour until
recently. There has been an update to our Windows Server (2003) in the time
between when I could print in colour and now. The printer settings in
Control Panel appear correct. The printer settings in Word 2007 appear
correct. I have followed the instructions on troubleshooting from the
Microsoft website i.e. test to see whether it is a particular document etc.
It appears to be a problem with all Word documents. I can print in colour
from Excel and Outlook with no trouble. I don't get any error messages just
black print when I have asked for colour. The colour cartridges are nearly
full so it is not the printer. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 19 jan, 23:41, Lea P-H Lea wrote:
I use a network printer and was able to print from Word 2007 in colour until
recently. *There has been an update to our Windows Server (2003) in the time
between when I could print in colour and now. *The printer settings in
Control Panel appear correct. *The printer settings in Word 2007 appear
correct. *I have followed the instructions on troubleshooting from the
Microsoft website i.e. test to see whether it is a particular document etc. *
It appears to be a problem with all Word documents. *I can print in colour
from Excel and Outlook with no trouble. *I don't get any error messages just
black print when I have asked for colour. *The colour cartridges are nearly
full so it is not the printer. *Please help!

Are you by any chance printing in draft quality? (Office button -
Word Options - Advanced, scroll down to Printing)

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lea P-H[_2_] Lea P-H[_2_] is offline

No I was not using draft quality. However I have fixed the problem now by
deleting the normal.dotm file through Windows Explorer and then starting Word
2007 again so that it would create a new normal.dotm file. Thank you for
your assistance though.