Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pucellatm

Default Footnotes moving around and changing numbering

My footnotes are skipping numbers in sequence and are moving to other pages
(to the first place in which I placed a footnote). I have tried deleting
them and adding them back in to no avail. I have turned Track Changes off
and on, and have accepted all changes. No matter how many times I add them
back, the numbers and the placement are wrong.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Are you inserting footnotes in a table? That *could* cause odd
placement, if the table spans several pages. It is better to insert
table footnotes manually, with subscript symbols and the notes placed
in the bottom (merged and border-less) row.

For descriptions of other problems with footnote placement, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...OnDiffPage.htm.

If none of the above suggestions solve the problem, and you have
turned off track changes and accepted all changes, the document could
be corrupt. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP