Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marta Marta is offline

Default renumbering footnotes

I am trying to renumber footnotes starting at 1 for each new section of one
single document. I tried following the directions given by Microsoft, but
this was unsuccessful. When I insert a footnote and check "the start at 1
box" and the "for each section box" it continues the previous numbering
instead of starting at 1. Does anybody know of a trick to chnage numbers
manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marta Marta is offline

Yes I did. They are all different chapters and there is a "page break" at the
end of every chapter.