Karl

Default date changes to field :(

Hi,

Whenever I insert a date into any Word doc it looks like this { Time
\@"M/d/yyyy" }until I right click and select Toggle Fields. It does that
also with templates, etc. How can I disable the feature so that if I insert
a date or other that it will display the date and not the fields?

This is the first installation of Word 2000 that i have encountered this
with.

Thanks

KB

Greg Maxey

Karl,

ToolsOptionsViewShow and uncheck field codes or just press ALT+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Karl wrote:
Hi,

Whenever I insert a date into any Word doc it looks like this { Time
\@"M/d/yyyy" }until I right click and select Toggle Fields. It does
that also with templates, etc. How can I disable the feature so that
if I insert a date or other that it will display the date and not the
fields?

This is the first installation of Word 2000 that i have encountered
this with.

Thanks

KB

Karl

I very likely did that. Thanks a bunch!

~

Karl

Karl wrote:
Hi,

Whenever I insert a date into any Word doc it looks like this { Time
\@"M/d/yyyy" }until I right click and select Toggle Fields. It does
that also with templates, etc. How can I disable the feature so that
if I insert a date or other that it will display the date and not
the fields?

This is the first installation of Word 2000 that i have encountered
this with.

Thanks

KB

using date field in merge Henri Vrancken Mailmerge 3 March 5th 05 01:52 PM
How to prevent Merged Date Field showing time? jmasood Mailmerge 1 February 21st 05 11:59 AM
Table date field BIGEYE New Users 1 January 28th 05 03:43 AM
inserting a date field for a future date rm Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 07:18 PM
Date issue merging from Excel field in Date format to Word Barb Reinhardt Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:34 AM