Sherry

Default Section Breaks

I posted earlier, but I guess I wasn't clear on my
problem, so none of the suggestions I receieved have
worked. I'll try to word it better here.

I need to create a document with a different first page
header AND margins. A different first page header can be
created by going to Page Setup, Layout, Different First
Page. The margins is where I am having a problem.

This is a document that will appear as only one page,
unless additional pages are needed, so keep that in
mind. In other words, it should only create as a one
page document unless you run over.

Now, if that DOES happen, I need to have the header not
be on the 2nd or subsequent pages. As I said, that
problem is solved. BUT, I need the 2nd and subsequent
pages to be a lesser margin. Normally, a section break
would solve this problem.

If I insert a section break on the first page, my
insertion point goes BEFORE the section break, meaning
that each time I type, the section break is moved, so if
it moves into the 2nd page, all of the formatting
(header, margins) also move into the 2nd page. If I could
somehow get my insertion point to go AFTER the section
break, this would work perfectly.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to email me at
the above address. Please place the words SECTION BREAKS
in the subject line, so I will know the nature of the
email.

Thanks so greatly in advance!!!!

Sherry Akins
Rome, Georgia
Margaret Aldis

Hi Sherry

The trick is to set the margins in the document for the smaller margins, and
then to force extra space on the first page header (either a paragraph
spaced appropriately for extra depth, or a text box anchored in the first
page header to hold space down the side margin). Suzanne Barnhill explains
it in detail he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Note that you do *not* want to insert a section break, either explicitly or
as a side effect of attempting to choose different margins 'from this point
forward'.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP