Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ido

Default One letterhead for print and digital use

Hi!

I would like to create one letter template for our organisation, in which I
am able to include or exclude certain elements (e.g. logo & organisation
name) when printing, depending on the kind of printer I choose.

Thus, when printing the document on preprinted letterhead paper, that
already includes the logo and organisation name, these elements should not be
printed while they are visible on the screen. On the other hand, when
printing the letter as a pdf-file or when sending the document to a third
party as a word file, the logo and organisation name should be included when
printing.

Is this possible without having to create two seperate templates (e.g. a
"print" version with the logo and organisation name hidden and a "digital"
version with these elements visible)? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance for your help! Much appreciated!

Best regards,

Ido
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi

Here is one possibility: Create a macro for each printer. For those that use
pre-printed paper, have the macro select each graphic and set its brightness
to 100%, then send the doc to the printer. Macros for printers without
pre-printed paper would skip the picture formatting step and just do the
print.
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ido

Thank you Ted. I was already afraid that a solution required macro
programming, a skill which I do not really have ...

"TedMi" wrote:

Here is one possibility: Create a macro for each printer. For those that use
pre-printed paper, have the macro select each graphic and set its brightness
to 100%, then send the doc to the printer. Macros for printers without
pre-printed paper would skip the picture formatting step and just do the
print.
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi

If you don't need the users to fill in a print dialog (no. of copies,
collation, page selection, etc.) then you can create the macros simply be
recording keystrokes. However, if you want full print dialog capability, that
requres some fancy programming.
--
Ted