RachelN

Default Making place cards in Word

I'm trying to make some place cards using a Word table. How do I rotate the
text horizontally 180 deg so that one side prints upside down? Thanks for
any help!
Doug Robbins

From the View menu, select Toolbars and check the Tables and Borders item
and then use the "Change Text Direction" button on that tool bar. You will
be able to rotate oneside by plus ninety degrees and the other by minus
ninety degrees, thereby resulting in 180 degrees between the two.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"RachelN" wrote in message
I'm trying to make some place cards using a Word table. How do I rotate
the
text horizontally 180 deg so that one side prints upside down? Thanks for
any help!

Ivan

Setup the page to landscape and use text boxes so u can rotate text 90 deg.
In portrait is not posible to rotate text upside down.

Ivan

"RachelN" wrote:

I'm trying to make some place cards using a Word table. How do I rotate the
text horizontally 180 deg so that one side prints upside down? Thanks for
any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sadler Sadler is offline

"RachelN" wrote:

I'm trying to make some place cards using a Word table. How do I rotate the
text horizontally 180 deg so that one side prints upside down? Thanks for
any help!

Changing the "Text Direction" in Tables and Text-boxes is the only way if
you want to mail-merge names onto the cards.

You can also place bitmaps if you are careful but Word graphic elements move
around unpredictably if you try to place them on the cards. A bug that has
been there since Word 2003 and is still in Word 2007. Very poor show!