Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Concrete

Default Insert a word file w/in a word file to look like a page within a .

I have an exising word document that I want to insert into a new document. I
want it to look like a bordered page within a page. When I insert the old
file into the new document it changes the layout and makes it look like the
new document. I want a separate page within a page look.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

If I understand you correctly, you don't want to use InsertFile. As you are
finding, Word understands that command to mean that you want the content
from the source file copied into the text flow of the target file.

Option 1- Instead, use InsertObject - Create From File, which will give you
a graphic rather than text. Use the corner control points ("handles") or the
Format Object dialog box to scale the page image to the size you want.

Option 2 - Select & copy from the source doc. In the target doc go to
EditPaste Special & select Word Document Object or one of the graphic
formats (such as Enhanced Metafile).

NOTE: Either option will only handle *one* page of content for display in
the target doc, so if the source doc is more than a single page only the
*first* (or copied content) will be displayed in it's "picture".

HTH |:)