Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKG

Default Empty Form Fields Print

In Word 2003, I created a document which contains many form fields, because
it's unknown how many a user will need to fill out for a particular job.
Except for the first page, the fields do not contain any default text.

What I'm finding is that EVERY page of this document prints, even though we
haven't filled in every field. So we might have 2 pages of text, and 30
blank sheets coming out.

I did change the option to Print Data Only for Forms, but it's still
happening. Is there any other way to prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TUtH?=,

In Word 2003, I created a document which contains many form fields, because
it's unknown how many a user will need to fill out for a particular job.
Except for the first page, the fields do not contain any default text.

What I'm finding is that EVERY page of this document prints, even though we
haven't filled in every field. So we might have 2 pages of text, and 30
blank sheets coming out.

I did change the option to Print Data Only for Forms, but it's still
happening. Is there any other way to prevent this?

Forms aren't like mail merge, there's nothing in Word to "suppress blank
lines" for a form. An "empty" form field actually contains five protected
spaces...

You'll need to use some kind of macro to delete the "extra" pages. The problem
will be identifying such pages...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org