Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dagaterekite dagaterekite is offline

Default Can't copy text from web pages to clipboard

Any time I start my computer, I am able to copy selected text and/or graphics
from web pages to my clipboard and then paste them into Word. I can copy up
to 24 items with no problems.

At some point, which appears to be random, any item I copy from the web
stops appearing in my clipboard. Even though the item doesn't appear in my
clipboard, I can still paste it into Word, but only until I copy another
item. This problem will persist until I restart my computer.

Items I copy from any Office 2003 program are never affected. They always
populate my clipboard.

Any suggested will be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dagaterekite dagaterekite is offline

Thanks for the reply. My clipboard is empty. Items copied from any Office
program populate the clipboard as usual, but items copied from the web don't
appear in the clipboard. Closing and then reopening Word solves the problem
- until it happens again.

I have Windows XP and IE7, if that makes any difference.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

You need to empty the Office Clipboard.

Look up "Office Clipboard" and "Collect and Paste" in the Word Help for
more information.

On 22/1/07 6:18 PM, in article
, "dagaterekite"
wrote:

Any time I start my computer, I am able to copy selected text and/or graphics
from web pages to my clipboard and then paste them into Word. I can copy up
to 24 items with no problems.

At some point, which appears to be random, any item I copy from the web
stops appearing in my clipboard. Even though the item doesn't appear in my
clipboard, I can still paste it into Word, but only until I copy another
item. This problem will persist until I restart my computer.

Items I copy from any Office 2003 program are never affected. They always
populate my clipboard.

Any suggested will be greatly appreciated!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Yes, it does make a difference. You may want to ask this question in the
IE7 group -- I recall there is an issue with IE7 talking to Office. But I
can't remember how to solve it.

On 24/1/07 6:38 AM, in article
, "dagaterekite"