Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
metindia technologies metindia technologies is offline

Default How do I get automatic initial caps in automatic numbered lists

when I use the automatic number lists and after a period after a number, the
first word does not get initial caps automatically. How do I get Word to do
this? This used to work in earlier versions of Word, but I cannot figure out
how to do this in Word 2002
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Go to tools, autocorrect options, autocorrect tab and select 'capitalise
first letter in sentence'
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
metindia technologies[_2_] metindia technologies[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get automatic initial caps in automatic numbered list

It is selected, but does not work in automatic numbered lists and after a
period after numbers. I very specifically mentioned this.

"Steve" wrote:

Go to tools, autocorrect options, autocorrect tab and select 'capitalise
first letter in sentence'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
metindia technologies[_2_] metindia technologies[_2_] is offline

It may not have worked following numbers, but it did work for automatic
numbered lists. I have worked in an earlier version of Word (I cannot
recollect the version), but with this version, it does not work, and I wanted
to know if there is some way of getting to do this in Word 2002

"Steve" wrote:

Go to tools, autocorrect options, autocorrect tab and select
'capitalise first letter in sentence'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I believe you are mistaken, and apart from pressing the shift key, there is
no way to change this behaviour.

"Steve" wrote:

Go to tools, autocorrect options, autocorrect tab and select
'capitalise first letter in sentence'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, this did work in previous versions, but apparently enough users
who didn't want numbered lists capitalized complained, so MS changed the
behavior in Word 2000 or 2002. The worst knock-on effect is that it was
disabled not only for numbered lists but also for sentences following
number+period (full stop) in running text as well. See “Word does not
capitalize the first letter of a sentence” at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538