janus

Default Problem with text box

I'm using XP and Word 2002. Every time when I try to format text box i.e.
change backround or line colors, program crashes.
Any idea how to fix this ?
--
thanks in advance
Anne Troy

I would do Word troubleshooting.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
If that doesn't work, it could be Office's drawing tools that are hosed, and
may require a repair of Office from your control panel. Test in Excel what
happens if you create a textbox and edit it--if it's the same, go right to
repairing Office.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"janus" (poistatämä) wrote in message
I'm using XP and Word 2002. Every time when I try to format text box i.e.
change backround or line colors, program crashes.
Any idea how to fix this ?
--
thanks in advance

garfield-n-odie

Try selecting a different default printer in Start | Control
Panel | Printers, and see if the problem persists in Word. If
this fixes the problem, then try deleting and reinstalling your
normal printer in Start | Control Panel | Printers. While you're
at it, you might check the printer manufacturer's website to see
if there is an updated driver available that is appropriate to
your operating system and printer model.

janus wrote:

I'm using XP and Word 2002. Every time when I try to format text box i.e.
change backround or line colors, program crashes.
Any idea how to fix this ?

janus

Thanks Anne!
I run detect and repair from the help menu as troubleshooting suggested and
that finally worked. And now I can format text boxes again.
--
Janus