Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dhoward via OfficeKB.com

Default Mail Merge to Create a List Sorted by Category

I found this link in a posting from March 28 titled "Limit data merging into
Word Doc" http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;211303. I
was able to merge my data sorted by category. But I can't figure out how to
use this merge to create a table. I've pasted the merge below. The third
line to the second appearance of MERGEFIELD Sales is all in the same bracket,
I haven't been able to use this merge routine in a table. Any ideas?

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD City }" "" }ENTER
{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD City }}ENTER
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"ENTER
{ MERGEFIELD City }ENTER
ENTER
{ MERGEFIELD Employee }{ MERGEFIELD Sales }" "{ MERGEFIELD Employee }{
MERGEFIELD Sales }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD City }}ENTER