Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ampari

Default Column Borders Print Incorrectly- Misaligned, overlapping

I designed a document that uses 2 columns with no spacing between them,
however, there is a line between the columns. There is a single point border
around the outside of both columns. Everything looks perfect in Print
Preview.

When I print the document, the column border is completely misaligned, even
to the point that at the intersection of the two columns little boxes are
drawn. Also, instead of one line drawn between the two columns, there are
three- one correct, the other two overlapping the text. Any advice is
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

This may b possible, but i can't envision it.

Where do you expect 2 inside borders & line btw columns (3 lines in all) to
print if you have 'no space' btw columns?

Regards |:)

"ampari" wrote:

I designed a document that uses 2 columns with no spacing between them,
however, there is a line between the columns. There is a single point border
around the outside of both columns. Everything looks perfect in Print
Preview.

When I print the document, the column border is completely misaligned, even
to the point that at the intersection of the two columns little boxes are
drawn. Also, instead of one line drawn between the two columns, there are
three- one correct, the other two overlapping the text. Any advice is
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ampari

There is no inside border. The border is set to go around the outside of
both columns like this

______
| _ _ |
| _ _ |
|_____|

"ampari" wrote:

I designed a document that uses 2 columns with no spacing between them,
however, there is a line between the columns. There is a single point border
around the outside of both columns. Everything looks perfect in Print
Preview.

When I print the document, the column border is completely misaligned, even
to the point that at the intersection of the two columns little boxes are
drawn. Also, instead of one line drawn between the two columns, there are
three- one correct, the other two overlapping the text. Any advice is
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

As you describe it, newspaper-type columns are going to be a problem because
Borders (as in 'Borders & Shading') is a paragraph attribute. Since the text
flows from one column to the next, the feature is going to be 'confused' as
to where the borders should be. Perhaps this can be done in the manner you
are trying to use, but it will be a real nightmare to do successfully. I
honestly wouldn't know where to tell you to begin.

As alternatives that would yield the same effect (as I understand it) with
far more control & far less effort, have you considered using either a) a
2-column table, or b) adjacent linked text boxes?

Regards |:)

On 11/16/05 5:25 PM, in article
, "ampari"