Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr.Salticid Dr.Salticid is offline

Default How do I find and insert male and female symbols?

These symbols are not in the Symbol menu in Office 2007.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I find and insert male and female symbols?

No worries, you can still insert male and female symbols in Office 2007 even if they are not in the Symbol menu. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  3. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" tab, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  5. Scroll down until you find the male and female symbols (they should be near the bottom).
  6. Click on the symbol you want to insert and then click on the "Insert" button.
  7. The symbol should now be inserted into your document.

If you need to insert these symbols frequently, you can also add them to the "Quick Access Toolbar" for easy access. Simply right-click on the symbol and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

You can use their unicode values. In Word type 2640 (female) or 2642 (male)
and then press ALT+X

For other possible gender codes, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol

Yves

"Dr.Salticid" wrote in message
These symbols are not in the Symbol menu in Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, these symbols don't appear in the default Calibri and Cambria
fonts, but if you change the font to Times New Roman or Arial, you will find
them in the Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset, at 2640 and 2642. If
you insert them using the Alt+X method, you will see that Word changes the
font to Arial or TNR.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dr.Salticid" wrote in message
These symbols are not in the Symbol menu in Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emilie.godwin@gmail.com is offline

Alright, Crazy. They weren't asking for sociopolitical commentary. Just directions on how to insert a symbol in a document. Reeeeeally.