Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Conner Howard Conner is offline

Default Word Documents all have read only attribute checked

How do I uncheck the Read only attribute on all my word documents without
doing them individually?
Transferred my document folder contents from a machine running Win98 to a
machine running WinXP and all word documents now have read only attribute
checked.
HELP, HELP, HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Howard,

Presumably the transfer was via CD/DVD, which explains the read-only attribute. The quickest way to clear that (after copying the
files to your new HDD - this won't work on CDs/DVDs) is via Windows Explorer. Simply select all the files, then right-click and
choose 'Properties'. Then, in the 'General' panel, uncheck the read-only attribute.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Howard Conner" wrote in message ...
How do I uncheck the Read only attribute on all my word documents without doing them individually?
Transferred my document folder contents from a machine running Win98 to a machine running WinXP and all word documents now have
read only attribute checked.
HELP, HELP, HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James B. Holladay James B. Holladay is offline

Many thanks.
I can not believe how easy it was to fix.
Great help.