Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph N. Joseph N. is offline

Default Saving auto-text to specific template

[Wd2003] Surely there's an article on this somewhere, but I've
searched MS and MVPS to no avail. Would someone please explain, or
point me to a reference that explains, how to save an auto-text entry
to a specific template? TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Joseph N. wrote:
[Wd2003] Surely there's an article on this somewhere, but I've
searched MS and MVPS to no avail. Would someone please explain, or
point me to a reference that explains, how to save an auto-text entry
to a specific template? TIA.

It's in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm (I know
'cause I wrote it), but I'll admit it's a bit buried.

Halfway down the page, under "Creating an AutoText entry is easy", step 2
says

If you want it to be available only in documents based on the same
template as the current document, use InsertAutoTextAutoText and
change the "Look in" box to the desired template.

Once you've changed it for adding one entry, it will stay changed until you
close Word -- that is, if you continue adding more entries, Alt+F3 will send
them to the same template as the preceding entry.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

On the AutoText Dialog (Tools AutoCorrect Options Autotext tab or Insert
AutoText AutoText) there is a dropdown labelled "Look in" which defaults

to "All active templates". Change this to your template of choice, then save
your Autotext.

--
Enjoy,
Tony