Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
julse0501 julse0501 is offline

Default Font (which I cannot find!) preventing the creation of PDF

I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I cannot find in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license restrictions. I
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried clearing the option to embed fonts in the file, before
converting to PDF?

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Save tab.
2. Clear the "Embed TrueType fonts" check box.
3. Save the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"julse0501" wrote in message
I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I cannot find
in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license restrictions. I
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
julse0501 julse0501 is offline

Thanks Stefan. Unfortunately, I did try this, and it doesn't work. I
continue to receive a notepad file showing that the font cannot be embedded.
This font (WP-IconicSymbol A) cannot be found in my document!!

Any other suggestions?? I am attempting to complete this document ASAP!

Thank you again!

"julse0501" wrote in message
I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I cannot find
in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license restrictions. I
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Can you find a setting in the PDF application that controls font embedding?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"julse0501" wrote in message
I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I cannot
find
in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license restrictions.
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
julse0501 julse0501 is offline

I have tried, but I think the issue comes back to finding this font in the
Word doc that is preventing the creation of the PDF. For some reason, Adobe
won't replace the font in question, and I can't find it in the document to
change it! Frustrating!

Am I missing something?

"julse0501" wrote in message
I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I cannot
find
in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license restrictions.
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
julse0501 julse0501 is offline

Thanks Suzanne for the tip. I tried this, but with no luck. Anything else?
I'm pulling my hair out! I have to just be missing something...but what?

"julse0501" wrote in message
I am attempting to print a Word 2003 file to a PDF, but this process

is
prevented because an error occurs stating that a font, which I

cannot
find
in
my Word file, is not able to be embedded due to license

restrictions.
understand this, but I cannot find the font in my file!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you check in all the document stories (header/footer, text boxes, etc.)?
If you've really checked everywhere, then possibly Word just has a memory of
the font (a sort of "ghost in the machine"). You may be able to exorcise
that by copying the text and pasting into a new document (if your document
formatting is not so complex as to make that impractical). Or you could try
roundtripping it through HTML or RTF as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried using the Find dialog to seach for the font?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.