Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default styles not changing after overwriting

I have made some style changes in W97. The change consists of making a font
color change to a bullet or numbered list letter or number in the groups of
styles. I then use the organizer to overwrite the styles in other documents
that have these same styles in them. However, when I do overwrite the old
styles from the new file's defined styles, the font color does NOT change.
Any ideas on why W97 isn't responding?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi cayce

cayce wrote:
I have made some style changes in W97. The change consists of making a font
color change to a bullet or numbered list letter or number in the groups of
styles. I then use the organizer to overwrite the styles in other documents
that have these same styles in them. However, when I do overwrite the old
styles from the new file's defined styles, the font color does NOT change.
Any ideas on why W97 isn't responding?

try naming the list template in the style's bullets/numbering
definition. Also, rumor has it that, using the organizer, you ought to
copy a numbered style _three times_ in a row.

Yes, it does sound strange!

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Hi Robert:

Thanks for responding. Please help clarify what you mean by "naming the
list template". Are you speaking of :
formatstylesmodifyformatnumberingcustomize outline numberingListNum
field list name?

I'll have to test the 3 times in a row idea with the organizer at my next
encounter. I made changes manually in the case of the document that spurred
this thread.

thanks
"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi cayce

cayce wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

cayce wrote:
Thanks for responding. Please help clarify what you mean by "naming the
list template". Are you speaking of :
formatstylesmodifyformatnumberingcustomize outline numberingListNum
field list name?

sounds right!

For more, see the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines"
(by Shauna Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/

and

Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

Good luck
Robert
--