Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kim kim is offline

Default document is double spaced

We are working on a 45 page document that appears to be double spaced. None
of the styles or settings, however, indicate double spacing or extra
paragraph spacing. Everything is set for single and 0 spacing before and
after the paragraph. We are trying to change the spacing for a specific
paragraph to single so that the lines of text will all fit onto a page.

We have tried everything we can think of - switching back to normal, pasting
as unformatted text, etc. It continues to paste as double spaced. It is as if
the entire document has a setting of double spacing which I cannot find
anywhere.

So far, the only way we can get this to change back to single spacing is to
select all (the entire document) and paste special as unformatted text into a
new blank document. But that will be a lot of work to reformat and paste all
of the graphics in separately.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how it can be changed back
to single spacing? Is there a setting for double spacing an entire document
(not just paragraph and line)?