Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray7071 Ray7071 is offline

Default How do I insert a To: email address in visual basic?

I have Form with a Button which when clicked causes the (completed) form to
be attached to an email. Thr Email is generated ok with the Form attached. I
want to pre-set the To: email address to my own to save the user typing it
in. It would also be nice if I could pre-set a few words in the body of the
email but this is not too important.

I can use a 'Mailto' hyperlink to get an email to myself but this doen not
attach the document.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Tahnks, Ray.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem with this is that you may not know what e-mail software your
users are using. If you are certain they are all using Outlook, then you
could use something like:

Sub SendDocumentAsAttachment()
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim oItem As Outlook.MailItem
On Error Resume Next
If Len(ActiveDocument.Path) = 0 Then 'Document has not been saved
ActiveDocument.Save 'so save it
End If
'see if Outlook is running and if so turn your attention there
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
If Err 0 Then 'Outlook isn't running
'So fire it up
Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
bStarted = True
End If
'Open a new e-mail message
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With oItem 'and add the detail to it
.To = 'send to this address
.Subject = "New subject" 'This is the message subject
.Body = "See attached document" ' This is the message body text
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, Type:=olByValue
.Send
'**********************************
'If you want to view the message before it goes
'change the line above from .Send to .Display
'Otherwise the message is sent straight to the Outbox
'and if you have Outlook set to send mail immediately,
'it will simply be Sent
'with no obvious sign that Outlook has operated.
'Apart from the copy in the Outlook Sent folder
'**********************************
End With
If bStarted Then 'If the macro started Outlook, stop it again.
oOutlookApp.Quit
End If
'Clean up
Set oItem = Nothing
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

Ray7071 wrote:
I have Form with a Button which when clicked causes the (completed)
form to be attached to an email. Thr Email is generated ok with the
Form attached. I want to pre-set the To: email address to my own to
save the user typing it in. It would also be nice if I could pre-set
a few words in the body of the email but this is not too important.

I can use a 'Mailto' hyperlink to get an email to myself but this
doen not attach the document.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Tahnks, Ray.

Word Visual Basic ksawb Microsoft Word Help 1 November 5th 07 10:33 AM
Visual Basic error 438 Rose Jenkins Microsoft Word Help 1 September 6th 07 06:26 AM
Visual Basic text box Marty Mailmerge 1 September 7th 06 09:57 AM
Visual Basic Macro MISSA New Users 3 August 24th 06 02:30 PM
Visual Basic and VBA Forum Throne Software Mailmerge 0 July 9th 05 04:23 AM