Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tenacity9 Tenacity9 is offline

Default Word 2003 Protect Document Window Appears in Strange Places

Previously, when I clicked Tools-Protect Document, a nice window appeared on
the right side of my document for me to click the features I wanted.
Appearance of this window automatically reduced the size of my document so I
could still see my entire document, only smaller.

Now, this window appears at the bottom of the screen and covers up the
bottom of my document. If I move it with the mouse to the right side of the
screen, it still covers up the right side of my document.

One poster suggested dragging the window almost off the right side of the
margin. This worked, but it only applied to the currently open document.
All new documents are opened with the window at the bottom of the screen.

I tried opening the Normal template and dragging the window to the correct
position, and then saving the Normal template. Alas, when opening the next
new document, the window appears on the bottom again.

The same bottom position applies to all similar windows in addition to
Protect Document.

How do I change the behavior of this window so it goes back to the original
at the right margin not covering up any of the main document?

Thanks.