Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beachzz beachzz is offline

Default a strange symbol appears now when I open word, how can fix it?

i let my nephew use my computer and now when i open word, there's this
strange symbol, like a "q" with a line next to it. when i try to type,
everything is underlined, and there are dots between each word. but if i
copy and paste or atttach it, it comes out right. any ideas or suggestions
as to how i can fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mexc mexc is offline

The symbol you are talking is a paragraph mark. your cousin might have
activated the paragraph mark and underline option. Click on the paragraph
mark under the Home tab located just before the Styles tab. And also
uncheck the underline symbol under Home tab below the Font dropdown.

"beachzz" wrote:

i let my nephew use my computer and now when i open word, there's this
strange symbol, like a "q" with a line next to it. when i try to type,
everything is underlined, and there are dots between each word. but if i
copy and paste or atttach it, it comes out right. any ideas or suggestions
as to how i can fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "What do all those funny marks, like the dots between the words in my
document, and the square bullets in the left margin, mean?" at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm