Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alex Alex is offline

Default A dotted line appears in text and won't delete.

I am typing up an assignment and have found a dotted loine has appeared part
way through the document. It will not delete. It comes at the end of a
paragraph. I deleted the paragraph and then put the space back in, but it
simply moved the line down the document. When it would move no further, I
scanned through the document to find ANOTHER dotted line, which seemed to
prevent the first one moving any more. What do I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Two possiblities:
1. At the ned of the typing you have been pressing Ctrl+Enter, this inserts
a Page Break.
See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for further
information on these codes.
Use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ΒΆ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar)
to toggle the view of these.
2. Unlikely - but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

Hope this helps