Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

Default Styles

I have some documents with a number of styles I've created myself.

Whenever I have any text with any local formatting, doing certain things to
the "normal" style loses all the local formatting (not necessarily editing
the style).

Is it possible to set text to not follow any style? Or not have the local
formatting changed when a style is changed? Or is the only way to create
styles for the different appearances?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can create styles based on "(no style)," but it is just as effective to
avoid modifying Normal. Use Body Text for body text and leave Normal alone
(except for changing the default font if desired).

http://word.mvps.org