LMW1275 LMW1275 is offline
Junior Member

Default TC Fields & Order in Table of Contents

I am using a typical table of contents controlled by styles, but would also like to use TC fields to insert text at the beginning of each document section and have it appear in the table of contents. The first line of each document section is a section heading, which is level 2 of the table of contents. I would like the TC field text to appear as level 1 in the TOC.

I have inserted a TC field on the same line as the section heading, right at the beginning of the section. Despite the TC field being inserted before the section heading, the section heading is appearing above the TC field in the TOC, out of order.

I know that I can insert the TC field at the end of the previous section, or on line before the section heading (creating a blank line at the beginning of my section), but I'm hoping there is a setting I've missed or other solution that would allow me to keep my TC field where it is, without impacting the formatting of the section heading. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!