Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnicko nnicko is offline

Default Default Paragraph Spacin in Word 2002 X)

Hi! Is there any way to set a default paragraph spaciing in Word XP so I
don't have to it every time I create a Word document?

For example when I copy a document from the web into Word I then say Match
Destination Formating. In doing so it doesn't put a line of space between the
paragraphs. So I then have do Edit/Select All/Format/Paragraph/Spacing and I
set it 6 pt.

It would be nice if I could set a default paragraph space of 6 pt. so I
don't have to do it each and every time I work with a document in Word.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!!!
--
nnicko

--
nnicko
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:15:01 -0800, nnicko
wrote:

Hi! Is there any way to set a default paragraph spaciing in Word XP so I
don't have to it every time I create a Word document?

For example when I copy a document from the web into Word I then say Match
Destination Formating. In doing so it doesn't put a line of space between the
paragraphs. So I then have do Edit/Select All/Format/Paragraph/Spacing and I
set it 6 pt.

It would be nice if I could set a default paragraph space of 6 pt. so I
don't have to do it each and every time I work with a document in Word.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!!!
--
nnicko

One way is to modify the Normal style (or whatever style you prefer to use for
body text) in the Normal.dot template, as described at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm. Then
the "default formatting" will include the Space After.

Another way is to create a macro to paste the clipboard contents with
destination formatting in the same step and, if you don't want the default text
style to have 6 pt Space After, add it specifically to the pasted material. See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...cb55500671c8bc
to get started with this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnicko nnicko is offline

Hello again Jay! Perhaps I'm just tired or computer illiterate but all I
could find at MVP was this:

When you change the default font, you change the font for the Normal style.
It is not advisable to make any other changes in the Normal style because so
many other styles are based on it. If you make Normal justified, for example,
or give it some Spacing Before or After, this change may ripple down to other
styles (see €śHow styles in Word cascade€ť).

It says it's not advisable to make any changes to Normal style except font
so I'm still at a loss as to how to set a default paragraph space.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
--
nnicko

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would advise that you use the built-in Body Text style, which already has
6 points Spacing After. You can select the default empty paragraph in
Normal.dot and format it as Body Text so that you'll start with that style.

"nnicko" wrote in message
Hello again Jay! Perhaps I'm just tired or computer illiterate but all I
could find at MVP was this:

When you change the default font, you change the font for the Normal
style.
It is not advisable to make any other changes in the Normal style because
so
many other styles are based on it. If you make Normal justified, for
example,
or give it some Spacing Before or After, this change may ripple down to
other
styles (see "How styles in Word cascade").

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nnicko nnicko is offline

Hellos Suzanne! Thank you for your reply.

I'm at a loss. I did a search for Normal.dot figuring I would open it and
find Body Text sytle but the search found nothing for Normal.dot. Obviously I
haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do. Thanks!
--
nnicko

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for
instructions on how to locate Normal.dot.

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup
so all may benefit.