Talka2

Default Automatic use of "tab" in my bulleting

Using Word 2002 -
Any time I have ever used bulleting in my documents, I have also used the
tab button to move the bullet either forward or back to the exact placement I
would like. Somehow this automatic feature is no longer automatic on my
computer, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to reset this feature.

An example: If I were to bullet 1) and type something and if Word
automatically numbered the next line 2), I used to use the tab to move the
line forward (right) so it would read A) (and be 1/2 inch more right than
the line above), but I can no longer do this. It just creates an indent
after the 2).

Any help? Thanks!