Danny J

Default Importing dates from excel changes formatting

Hi folks,

I am using a spreadsheet as my data source. The date field in the
spreadsheet is formatted in European date style (ie 28th feb 2005 is
28/02/2005), but when I use a merge field the fromatting is changed to US
date style (02/28/2005). any ideas?

Thanks,

Dann

Greg

Dan,

Try using a date format picture switch in your merger field

{Mergefield "your merge field" \@ "dd/MM/yy"}

or look at your regional settings in windows and see if your short date
format is set to the european format.

Greg

Danny,

Better yet, See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the
"Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch=AD/ci...r/MergFram.htm

msnews.microsoft.com

Many Thanks

Dan

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Danny,

Better yet, See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the
"Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch*/cind...r/MergFram.htm

How do I retain formatting from an Excel Data File to a Word Merg. Pookas Microsoft Word Help 5 March 14th 05 10:32 PM
Importing data from excel into word Shaf Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 05 02:43 PM
Importing from Excel Doreen New Users 3 December 20th 04 05:45 PM
Formatting EXCEL spreadsheet onto WORD document yoyoyooreo Page Layout 3 December 17th 04 05:07 PM