Michael

Default Hide spelling errors

How do I get the "Hide spelling errors in this document" to off stay
permanently? Whenever I start Word, it's checked by default. I'd like it
un-checked by default.

Michael
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Michael. In Word, click on Tools | Options | Spelling & Grammar | check
the "Check spelling as you type" box and uncheck the "Hide spelling errors in
this document" box | OK.

"Michael" wrote:

How do I get the "Hide spelling errors in this document" to off stay
permanently? Whenever I start Word, it's checked by default. I'd like it
un-checked by default.

Michael

Graham Mayor

Is this Word 2003? Word 2003 has a strange habit of losing some of its tools
options settings for no apparent reason. You can force those that change

to your will by setting the preferences in autonew and autoopen macros. This
will work in other recalcitrant Word versions also, but 2003 seems to be the
one with the problem.

Sub AutoNew()
With Options
.CheckSpellingAsYouType = False
.CheckGrammarAsYouType = False
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
With Options
.CheckSpellingAsYouType = False
.CheckGrammarAsYouType = False
End With
End Sub

If macros of these names already exist add the code to them. If you find any
other commands misbehaving (and you probably will) you can add their
instructions also

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm