rlrlatr35

Default How do I insert special characters (straight quotes) and where do.

I need to insert special characters as symbols, where do I find them? Also
how do I change the curly quotes to straight quotes as used in measuring?
--
thanks

Jay Freedman

rlrlatr35 wrote:
I need to insert special characters as symbols, where do I find them?
Also how do I change the curly quotes to straight quotes as used in
measuring?

For inserting special characters, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

If you have a document that already contains curly quotes, first go to Tools
AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type and turn off the "Smart

quotes" option. Then open the Edit Replace dialog, put one quote character
in the Find What box and one in the Replace With box, and hit Replace All.
The quote in the Find What will match both kinds of curly quotes, and
they'll be replaced with straight ones.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

And if you just need to be able to type straight quotes, you can either
disable Smart Quotes temporarily or you can press Ctrl+Z (Undo ) when
AutoFormat corrects them to curly quotes. Alternatively, instead of using
straight quotes for feet and inches, you can use the prime and double prime
marks (glyphs 2032 and 2033), which look much more professional.