Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zorcon

Default Incorrect spelling correction

I use Word XP. Somehow an incorrect spelling has worked its way into Word.
The incorrect spelling is not listed in either the custom dictionary or
AutoCorrect. But it keeps changing my correct spelling to the incorrect one,
and it also appears in my suggested spelling options. Where else can I look
to correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the "incorrect" spelling is not in Custom.dic or AutoCorrect, then it
must be in the main dictionary. You can "remove" it using an exclusion
dictionary (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm),
but it should not be being substituted for your spelling unless you are
letting AutoCorrect do this. Clear the check box for "Automatically use
suggestions from the spelling checker" in Tools | AutoCorrect Options. Also,
make sure that you have the right language selected (so that the right
proofing tools are being used).

"Zorcon" wrote in message
I use Word XP. Somehow an incorrect spelling has worked its way into Word.
The incorrect spelling is not listed in either the custom dictionary or
AutoCorrect. But it keeps changing my correct spelling to the incorrect

one,
and it also appears in my suggested spelling options. Where else can I

look
to correct this?

I have added incorrect spelling to the dictionary how do I fix it Kim Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 05 03:29 AM
How do I correct incorrect spelling in the Dictionary? CanadianWoman Microsoft Word Help 6 November 21st 05 03:44 PM
MS Office 97--Why Spelling Correction the Same Spelling W. Watson New Users 2 August 21st 05 06:56 PM
UK spelling John Wright New Users 4 June 21st 05 04:09 PM
Why does spellcheck recognise a spelling mistake in one document . FatChook Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 05:16 AM