Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Franks[_2_] Steve Franks[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 prints labels in the wrong place

I'm trying to print a page of Avery L7160 labels, but the same problem occurs
when I try to print a table. Word is not placing the text where I specified.
The L7160 sheet is printing abot 2mm too high.
When I created a table exactly the same size as the sheet of labels Word
2007 ignored the header margin I specified (1.6cm) and printed with a margin
of about 3cm.
How can I bring Word to heel?
--
Steve Franks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Franks[_2_] Steve Franks[_2_] is offline

The printer default is A4, the label template margin is outside my control,
but the template was designed for A4 paper.
If I print a whole sheet with my name and address, the top half of my name
is outside the label area.
I tried to replicate the labels using a table, because I only needed a
couple of labels. Word started printing 14 mm below the top of the label.
--
Steve Franks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Labels are usually designed for a header margin of 0". But make sure that
the label definition and your printer are set for the right size paper
(Letter vs. A4).

"Steve Franks" wrote in message
I'm trying to print a page of Avery L7160 labels, but the same problem

occurs
when I try to print a table. Word is not placing the text where I

specified.
The L7160 sheet is printing abot 2mm too high.
When I created a table exactly the same size as the sheet of labels Word
2007 ignored the header margin I specified (1.6cm) and printed with a

margin
of about 3cm.
How can I bring Word to heel?
--
Steve Franks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no need to "replicate the labels using a table." You can get the
same effect using the New Document button in the Labels dialog, which then
allows you to make whatever changes you need to the margins. Ordinarily,
users see a problem with labels printing too low either because the printer
does not feed the label stock properly or because Normal.dot has a header.
In Word 2002 and above, unfortunately, if you have ever had any content in
the header of Normal.dot, you will have an empty paragraph there (taking up
space) even if you delete all the text. This affects label placement.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Labels are usually designed for a header margin of 0". But make sure

that
the label definition and your printer are set for the right size paper
(Letter vs. A4).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Steve Franks" wrote in message
I'm trying to print a page of Avery L7160 labels, but the same problem

occurs
when I try to print a table. Word is not placing the text where I

specified.
The L7160 sheet is printing abot 2mm too high.
When I created a table exactly the same size as the sheet of labels

Word
2007 ignored the header margin I specified (1.6cm) and printed with a

margin
of about 3cm.
How can I bring Word to heel?
--
Steve Franks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Franks[_2_] Steve Franks[_2_] is offline

Funny! Creating a new document that way works, as does just printing 1 label
using the labels dialog.
Thanks for your help
--
Steve Franks