Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
thesisgirl thesisgirl is offline

Default thesis

I am having problems with page numbering. My document should start with roman
numbers in the center of the page then each chapter should start with
numerical numbers in the center with the following pages to begin at the top
right corner. This is very difficult because when I try to enter page numbers
in the top right, all of my numbers change to top right. If I try to make my
first chapter page number one it changes the roman numbers to numerical
numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See if this helps:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"thesisgirl" wrote in message
I am having problems with page numbering. My document should start with
roman
numbers in the center of the page then each chapter should start with
numerical numbers in the center with the following pages to begin at the
top
right corner. This is very difficult because when I try to enter page
numbers
in the top right, all of my numbers change to top right. If I try to make
my
first chapter page number one it changes the roman numbers to numerical
numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Twayne Twayne is offline

I am having problems with page numbering. My document should start
with roman numbers in the center of the page then each chapter should
start with numerical numbers in the center with the following pages
to begin at the top right corner. This is very difficult because when
I try to enter page numbers in the top right, all of my numbers
change to top right. If I try to make my first chapter page number
one it changes the roman numbers to numerical numbers.

You need to make a new Section every time the page numbering positions
or numbers change in any way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm.