Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. X. Mr. X. is offline

Default Problems on my ISP

Hello.
Sorry I ask this in this forum, but I have no other way ...

I used to use newsgroups by the windows live mail.
I have a problem that my ISP doesn't provide this service (I cannot use its
newsgroup server : the newsgroup server is news.netvision.net.il.

Is there any other way to post to newsgroup anonymously ? (by google, or
something else ?)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

To reach the Microsoft newsgroups, you can use the news server of Microsoft
directly: msnews.microsoft.com

Alternatively, you can reach the same groups through web interfaces:

Microsoft :
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

Google :
http://groups.google.be/group/micros...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Yves

"Mr. X." wrote in message
Hello.
Sorry I ask this in this forum, but I have no other way ...

I used to use newsgroups by the windows live mail.
I have a problem that my ISP doesn't provide this service (I cannot use
its
newsgroup server : the newsgroup server is news.netvision.net.il.

Is there any other way to post to newsgroup anonymously ? (by google, or
something else ?)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. X. Mr. X. is offline

Thank you very much.
Sorry again if this email is not related to this newsgroup - I have no
other way ...

Some problems :
1. I couldn't see any way to post anonymously.
2. On outlook express or windows life mail, I could simply sort by name,
etc - I can I do that ?
3. I want to search for a newsgroup. On the ISP there were 50,000 newsgroups
I could reach.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can setup a false e-mail address, though it won't be completely
anonymous - http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm
You can search for newsgroups at Google Groups, but if your ISP no longer
supports a news feed you will not be able to access then via Outlook
Express - only with your browser. The Microsoft server however should be
accessible - though it only has a limited number of groups assoacited with
Microsoft products.
There are third party news servers, but these days I believe they all charge
for access.

"Mr. X." wrote in message
Thank you very much.
Sorry again if this email is not related to this newsgroup - I have no
other way ...

Some problems :
1. I couldn't see any way to post anonymously.
2. On outlook express or windows life mail, I could simply sort by name,
etc - I can I do that ?
3. I want to search for a newsgroup. On the ISP there were 50,000
newsgroups
I could reach.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Mr. X." wrote in message
Thank you very much.
Sorry again if this email is not related to this newsgroup - I have no
other way ...

Some problems :
1. I couldn't see any way to post anonymously.

If you post through the microsoft website you have to provide some kind of
credentials but it looks like they aren't really real. If you post through
Google groups you can't do it anonymously as far as I know.

2. On outlook express or windows life mail, I could simply sort by name,
etc - I can I do that ?

If you msnews.microsoft.com you can still use your old clients.

If you use Google groups, you can use "author" and "group" in the search
field of http://groups.google.com. For example,

authorhondt group:microsoft.public.word.*

And sort the result by date.

Using the advanced search link, you can do even more.

3. I want to search for a newsgroup. On the ISP there were 50,000
newsgroups
I could reach.

http://groups.google.com

I don't know if there are 50000 of them, but there seems to be a lot. There
are two types, the old-fashioned ones that your ISP offered as well, and the
ones ending with " which are groups belonging to google
projects and other stuff.

Thanks

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Google Groups is an easy way to search.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mr. X." wrote in message
Thank you very much.
Sorry again if this email is not related to this newsgroup - I have no
other way ...

Some problems :
1. I couldn't see any way to post anonymously.
2. On outlook express or windows life mail, I could simply sort by name,
etc - I can I do that ?
3. I want to search for a newsgroup. On the ISP there were 50,000
newsgroups
I could reach.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. X. Mr. X. is offline

OK.
I have created an email account for newsgroup spam (on gmail).
I will try to send to newsgroup by google.

Thanks

"Yves Dhondt" wrote in message

"Mr. X." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. X. Mr. X. is offline

OK.
Thanks.
I made my own account only for newsgroups.
I have posted a message.
Little thing : How can I search and find my own message ?

Thanks