Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Raytje Raytje is offline

Default Format a column?

Hi,

I've got a problem with a template that I have to update. In the old
template a textbox was used to display address-data. Unfortunately that
cannot be used anymore the fields need 2 be formafields and those
cannot be used within textboxes.
So I want to show the address-fields in the place that they were
before. However, when i remove the textbox the "Naam" field cannot be
moved to the top of the column.

I've got an example he
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/296/naamql1.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get the "Naam" field to the top of the
column?

Thnx!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Put the form field inside a frame (there's an Insert Frame button on
the Forms toolbar) or in a table cell. If you don't want any borders,
remove them from Format | Borders and Shading.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Raytje" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I've got a problem with a template that I have to update. In the old
template a textbox was used to display address-data. Unfortunately

that
cannot be used anymore the fields need 2 be formafields and those
cannot be used within textboxes.
So I want to show the address-fields in the place that they were
before. However, when i remove the textbox the "Naam" field cannot

be
moved to the top of the column.

I've got an example he
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/296/naamql1.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get the "Naam" field to the top of the
column?

Thnx!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Raytje Raytje is offline

Hi Stefan,

thnx for your answer.

I can enter a table cell there (1c x 1r) but the text still aligns at
the bottom left corner and i want to align top left.
Ive tried it with the table properties but that doesn't seem 2 work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Raymond

"Raytje" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I've got a problem with a template that I have to update. In the old
template a textbox was used to display address-data. Unfortunately

that
cannot be used anymore the fields need 2 be formafields and those
cannot be used within textboxes.
So I want to show the address-fields in the place that they were
before. However, when i remove the textbox the "Naam" field cannot

be
moved to the top of the column.

I've got an example he
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/296/naamql1.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get the "Naam" field to the top of the
column?

Thnx!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that you are using Word 2000 or later, you can set "Text
wrapping" to "Around," in Table | Table Properties, Table tab. You can
then click the Position button to position the table anywhere on the
page, for example, relative to the page margins. Another method is to
use drag and drop: Rest the mouse pointer on the table until you see
the little icon at the top left corner, and then drag the icon to move
the table.

Alternatively, use a frame to position the fields, as suggested in my
previous reply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

oups.com...

"Raytje" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Raytje Raytje is offline

Hi Stefan,

I solved thanks to a tip from someone else.
I converted it to a frame!

Thanks 4 your help!

Raymond

"Raytje" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Raytje" wrote in message
[...]

Column Breaks for Illustrations in 2 Column Table Karanja Tables 1 June 13th 06 11:45 PM
how can i insert footenote in row format not column? a friend in need Microsoft Word Help 2 May 27th 06 12:49 PM
Mailmerge date format Ocean Mailmerge 5 April 9th 06 06:28 PM
Insert Column when merged cells exist Brian Kaplan Tables 2 December 5th 05 05:13 PM
How do I align vertically a 2nd column in centre page? enrico Microsoft Word Help 7 October 21st 05 05:58 PM