Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JustMe JustMe is offline

Default Can't select or delete a graphic

We have a Word document that someone no longer with the company created. It
has a logo in the first cell of a table. We need to replace this logo with
another, but we can't seem to select it. The document doesn't appear to be
protected. When I select protect document, nothing is checked. I thought may
there were master templates like they had in PageMaker, but I didn't find one
of those either. So what could they have done that would prevent us from
modifying this cell. We seem to be able to change everything else.

Also, if you look at the document in outline or normal view, the graphic
doesn't display.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The graphic is wrapped, probably Behind Text. On the Drawing toolbar, click
on the Select Objects tool. This will permit you to select the graphic
without touching text. If this doesn't work, consider the possibility that
the graphic may be anchored to the header; View | Header and Footer and try
selecting it from the header pane.