Donna S.

Default MRU file list disappears after shutting exiting Word (2002)

Using Word 2002 on Windows XP (Pro). Every time I open Word, I go to my
Tools, Options, General and check the option to display the most recently
used file list, and put a number in there (default is 4). The MRU file list
works as long as I don't shut down Word. Upon exiting Word and restarting it
is reset back to MRU "off" under Tools, Options.

We have searched the registry for some "culprit" or reason for this to be
resetting back to off every time but so far come up with nothing.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance!