Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barbara Wiseman Barbara Wiseman is offline

Default Text copied from web page looks double spaced

Terry,
Thank you so much, it worked a treat.
Happy New Year,
Barbara.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Check the paragraph formatting as the spacing before/after is probably set
to AUTO: set it to zero.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

wrote in message
I often copy text from web pages. Sometimes this pastes into Word looking
as though it is double spaced, but formatting it to single spaced does
not
change it. The format is usually normal (web) I try to change the format
normal, but it still shows as normal (web).
I do not want to paste unformatted as there are pictures in with the text
and they do not paste into my word document if I use paste unformatted.
Any clues would be gratefully received,
Barbara.