Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Format Painter question

When you use the format painter you can change one item and then you need to
'switch' the painter on again to do another item. I know there is a way to
keep it on but I have forgotten it. Many thanks
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You could use the Ctrl+Shift+C keyboard shortcut for Copy Formatting and
Ctrl+Shift+V for Paste Formatting.

Bernard Liengme wrote:

When you use the format painter you can change one item and then you need to
'switch' the painter on again to do another item. I know there is a way to
keep it on but I have forgotten it. Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Bernard,

Double click the format painter icon to keep it 'lit' if you're not using the shortcut keys to activate it.

================
"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message ...
When you use the format painter you can change one item and then you need to
'switch' the painter on again to do another item. I know there is a way to
keep it on but I have forgotten it. Many thanks
--
Bernard V Liengme
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Thanks to you both
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
When you use the format painter you can change one item and then you need
to 'switch' the painter on again to do another item. I know there is a way
to keep it on but I have forgotten it. Many thanks
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Format Painter Makes Unwanted Format Changes Tim Formatting Long Documents 7 July 19th 12 04:27 PM
Features godmongo Microsoft Word Help 20 July 22nd 06 07:37 AM
How Format Painter could copy the font color of a color text? Miksmith69 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 27th 05 06:43 PM
format painter gone wild Susan C. Microsoft Word Help 3 June 29th 05 06:31 PM
format painter: word 2000 Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 2 June 26th 05 08:41 PM