Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GT2008 GT2008 is offline

Default why do my attachements have docx instead of doc?

I am using office home and student 2007. When I attach word documents they
come up with .docx instead of .doc. The recipient can not open the
attachment. Has anyone go any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

..docx is the new Word 2007 file format. If your email recipients don't
have Office 2007 yet, then you should "save as" to the Word 97-2003 .doc
format, or your email recipients can install the Office 2007
compatibility pack as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the Microsoft
Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions of Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007 Office programs".