Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TLH TLH is offline

Default Closing Word 2007

How do I avoid closing Word when I close my document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

- CTRL+W
- Office button menu, Close (right-click it to add it to your QAT)
- Office button menu, Word Options, Advanced, Display, "Show all windows
in taskbar". Switching that setting will give you two Xs

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"TLH" wrote in message
:

How do I avoid closing Word when I close my document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pamjmac27 pamjmac27 is offline

I have "Show all windows in taskbar" but I still don't get two Xs

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

- CTRL+W
- Office button menu, Close (right-click it to add it to your QAT)
- Office button menu, Word Options, Advanced, Display, "Show all windows
in taskbar". Switching that setting will give you two Xs

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"TLH" wrote in message
:

How do I avoid closing Word when I close my document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pamjmac27 pamjmac27 is offline

answered my own question by looking through other posts - you have to
DESELECT the "show all windows in taskbar" in order to get the two Xs -
seemed to me that by showing all windows, you'd see the open document PLUS
the program, but not so!

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

- CTRL+W
- Office button menu, Close (right-click it to add it to your QAT)
- Office button menu, Word Options, Advanced, Display, "Show all windows
in taskbar". Switching that setting will give you two Xs

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"TLH" wrote in message
:

How do I avoid closing Word when I close my document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Naber Grandma Naber is offline

I use Small Business Office 2007. When I follow the sequence suggested
none of the options are highlighted nor is "show all documents" even there.
--
Grandma Naber

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

- CTRL+W
- Office button menu, Close (right-click it to add it to your QAT)
- Office button menu, Word Options, Advanced, Display, "Show all windows
in taskbar". Switching that setting will give you two Xs

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"TLH" wrote in message
:

How do I avoid closing Word when I close my document?