Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric G

Default Problems with setting tabs accurately (metric)

XPP SP2

Office Word 2003 SP1

Since I live in Europe (Sweden) I work in metric units and have set my system Measurements to metric. In Word under Options - General, I have set my Measurement units to Centimeters. When check my Paragraph settings (Format - Paragraph) all measurements are showing in centimeters. In my styles, all measurements show in centimeters.

But, when I click on the ruler in Word to set a new tab position, the system attempts to set new tabs according to the imperial (inch) measurement system, i.e. when clicking on 3 cm, the actual tab ends up at 2.86 cm, when the ruler is clicked at 4 cm, the tab ends up at 4.13 cm. When tabs are set from the menu, Format - Tabs, I can chose any measurement I like, e.g. 1 or 5 cm and the tab stays at the desired position.

Any ideas how I can overcome this inconvenience?

Best regards,

Eric G

Stockholm, Sweden