Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
latwood latwood is offline

Default How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

I need my page margins to be different than my header margins....
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

To change the header and footer margins in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header or footer area of your document to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab within the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  3. Click on the "Margins" dropdown menu and select "Custom Margins".
  4. In the Page Setup window that appears, click on the "Layout" tab.
  5. Under the "Headers and footers" section, you can adjust the "From edge" values for the top and bottom margins of your header and footer separately.
  6. If you want your page margins to be different than your header and footer margins, you can adjust the "From edge" values under the "Page" section.
  7. Once you have made your desired changes, click "OK" to apply them to your document.

That's it! Your header and footer margins should now be adjusted to your liking, and you can have different margins for your page content if needed.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Latwood,
If you mean the left and right margins of the header/footer, you can't, you
can use the indent markers and drag them to the left or right. Which is not
the same as changing the margins.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

I need my page margins to be different than my header margins....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And if you're referring to the header and footer margins per se, those
settings are on the Layout tab of Page Setup. By default they are *not* the
same as the Top and Bottom margins.

"Luc" wrote in message
Latwood,
If you mean the left and right margins of the header/footer, you can't,

you
can use the indent markers and drag them to the left or right. Which is

not
the same as changing the margins.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"latwood" schreef in bericht
How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

I need my page margins to be different than my header margins....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can change the distance from the edge of the paper; it's the "From
edge" measurements in File | Page Setup. But if you want a header
"gutter," that is, some space between the header and the text body,
you'd have to add some Spacing After (via Format | Paragraph, Indents
and Spacing tab) to the bottom paragraph of the header (or Spacing
Before to the top paragraph of the footer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP