Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leo23co leo23co is offline

Default Labeling equations in IEEE format

Hello. I study Electronics engineering. For writing articles or papers we
use the IEEE format, which implies writing in two columns. For writing an
equation, it must be centered in a column and in front of it, aligned to the
right, it should be the equation number between brackets. For example:
(left column margin)| F=ma (2)|(right column margin)

I really like the equations editor and the autolabeling option (Fig. 1.,
Table 1., etc.)

I'd like to know if there's a way of, first, auto labeling and numbering
formulas the way I showed you, just the number between brackets, and second,
of making this label (doesn't matter if it has to be done manually) get
aligned to the right, keeping the formula in the center and not altering the
size of that formula (when you write normal text next to a formula it reduces
in size).

I really thank you if you can help me with this. By the way, as a
suggestion, it would be good if the autolabeling format was more flexible in
giving a format to those labels (size, numbering, color, font, etc) because
it is actually really limited.