Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cumbrianwizard

Default When I type 2006 at the end of a line it puts in 2006-02-28. How.

Every time I type 2006 at the end of a line in word, it automatically amends
it to 2006-02-28 (or the current date) This isn't a format I would want to
use, but does anyone know how to turn it off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, this is a bug in several versions that no one has been able
to figure out the cause of, much less a solution for. The only workaround is
to press ESC or Spacebar before pressing Enter or Tab when you get the
AutoComplete tip.

"Cumbrianwizard" wrote in message
Every time I type 2006 at the end of a line in word, it automatically

amends
it to 2006-02-28 (or the current date) This isn't a format I would want

use, but does anyone know how to turn it off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can turn off Autocomplete (Tools Autocorrect Autotext tab) - but it
affects other things as well

As an aside to this, I just noticed that If I start Word with a blank
document and type 2006 and press Enter I do *not* get the Autotext. At all
other times - next line of same new document, after undoing everything in
same new document, another new document in Word sesion, start Word with
existing document, etc., I do get the autotext.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Cumbrianwizard" wrote in message
Every time I type 2006 at the end of a line in word, it automatically

amends
it to 2006-02-28 (or the current date) This isn't a format I would want

use, but does anyone know how to turn it off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q3VtYnJpYW53aXphcmQ=?=,

Every time I type 2006 at the end of a line in word, it automatically amends
it to 2006-02-28 (or the current date) This isn't a format I would want to
use, but does anyone know how to turn it off?

Well, the "short" way is to press ESC

The "long" way is Tools/AutoCorrect options/AutoText. Deactivate the checkbox
for Autocomplete. But please note this will suppress other things, as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)