Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Harry Pfleger Harry Pfleger is offline

Default Page Border limited to 6pt

In the Page Border dialog it is only possible to set a border width of 6pt.
We should have a border width of about 15mm (millimetres).

Is there a workaround to get a higher width?

I saved the document as docx, zipped it and changed the value by hand (document.xml).
It did work, but I could only go for about 1000 (that must be about 10mm).

w:top w:val="single" w:sz="1000" w:space="0" w:color="92D050" /

Any suggestions or explanations why this is limited?
Thankx!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can use clip art instead. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Harry Pfleger" wrote in message
In the Page Border dialog it is only possible to set a border width of
6pt.
We should have a border width of about 15mm (millimetres).

Is there a workaround to get a higher width?

I saved the document as docx, zipped it and changed the value by hand
(document.xml).
It did work, but I could only go for about 1000 (that must be about
10mm).

w:top w:val="single" w:sz="1000" w:space="0" w:color="92D050" /

Any suggestions or explanations why this is limited?
Thankx!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

.... or you can use an autoshape.