Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lillieammann lillieammann is offline

Default Document loses top margin

A client is having a problem with a document I edited for her in Word 2003.
The document is primarily a long table with a header and introductory
paragraph before the table. We have been through several rounds of edits
using Track Changes; all markups have been accepted, and the document is in
Final view. When the client did a final spell-check, the top margin changed
from 1" to 0". The other margins were unchanged. She corrected the margin but
when she tried to e-mail, the top margin changed again. I am not having the
problem on my end, but she tried sending to someone else, and the top margin
was 0" for them as well. All other margins were 1" as originally set. I was
able to duplicate the problem only once - I ran spell-check and the margin
changed to 0". However, I have not been able to duplicate the problem again,
and I can't see anything in the formatting that looks out of the ordinary. So
I am at a loss as to what to tell her or how to correct the problem.

Thank you for any advice you can give.
--
Lillie Ammann, Writer and Editor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lillieammann lillieammann is offline

Thank you for your response, Suzanne. However, this is not the problem. The
margin in page setup literally changes from 1" to 0". It doesn't matter
whether or not the white space between pages is showing - there is no top
margin. Sorry I didn't make that clear in my original explanation.